The team of Core Consulting consists of experts with many years of experience. They bring with them an extensive background of sector knowledge and experience. Each is generally responsible for one or two of the following categories of projects:
Banking, Financial & Investment Services (John Potter, Ramez Tomeh)
- In April of 2013, was able to complete some important due diligence with unpublished information about a financial scandal in a large government owned company in the GCC. The assignment was for a reputable professional firm in Europe (Potter).
- In January 2010, established the Broadstone International L P in the B V I, a partnership for which I acted as the General Partner to provide a trading platform for European customers to carry out day trading activities in the New York equity markets through World Trade Securities (Cayman) which in turn cleared through Wedbush in the United States. Around 400 traders used the platform and trading volumes were substantial (Potter).
- Put together in 2008 a major tourism project with financing options for the Sentosa Development Authority in Singapore (Potter).
- At the beginning of 2007, arranged for BNP Paribas and WestLB Bank to put together a $700 million credit facility for a major corporate group in Saudi Arabia (Potter)
- Investment management of proprietary funds of Gulf Bank of Kuwait, 1996-1998 and Commercial Bank of Kuwait, 1998-2000 each for over $250 million (Tomeh)
- Negotiated, on behalf of BNP’s client, the buyout of a major 5 star European hotel worth over $100 million from a Swedish owner, (Tomeh, 1994) (Tomeh)
- Originated club deal medium term loan of $150 million for the partial management buyout of Investcorp (Tomeh, 1992)
- Restructured a number of syndicated loans for BAII/BNP involving at least 20 banks for US hundreds of millions (Tomeh, 1986-1990)
- Structured with Arab Bank team as Lead Manager 5 Syndicated Loans and Syndicated Guarantees for Saudi Oger on average of $1 billion each (Tomeh, 1981-1986)
Health Care: Quality Improvement Standards (Akram Najjar/Majed Tomeh)
- Obtained $3M in U.S. Government research funding for the development of predictive models for real-time clinical and financial performance improvement in hospitals (Tomeh, 2008-2012)
- Built business plan for the Michigan Surgical Quality Collaborative, a program for a 52-hospital consortium funded by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, from inception. (Tomeh, 2006-2013)
- Enabled savings to Blue Cross of $49 million and to the State of Michigan $88 million over a two-year period in avoided surgical complications (Tomeh, 2009-2010)
- Provided day-to-day management, as an outsourced service provider, to the American College of Surgeons, for the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP) (Tomeh, 2001-2010)
- Supported national and statewide quality improvement programs in the United States, including hospitals in Canada and the Middle East (Tomeh, 2000-2013)
- Full design of the Issues and Change Control Management System implemented for the St. George Hospital, Lebanon (Najjar, 2008).
- Enabled growth of ACS NSQIP from inception to over 400 hospitals in five years (Tomeh, 2005-2010)
Information Technology (Akram Najjar, Majed Tomeh):
- Development of the Project Management and PMO frameworks for the Civil Aviation Authority of Sudan (Najjar 2010-2011)
- Advised the American College of Surgeons (ACS) on the business model and operational rollout of a surgical outcomes measurement and improvement program across the United States (Tomeh, 2001-2010)
- Advised and enabled the U.S. Veterans’ Administration (VA) to transfer and implement the VA’s National Surgical Quality Improvement Program to private sector US hospitals (Tomeh, 2000-2001)
- Lead Consultant for the Government of Rwanda on the project that developed the National ICT Strategy for the period 2006-2010 (Najjar, 2005).
- Development of the National eStrategy for Lebanon (Najjar, 2004)
- Reengineering the Processes of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Kingdom of Bahrain and development of suitable bidding documents for various IT requirements (Najjar, 2004)
- Management of the project and lead writers of the ICT Standards and Guidelines for the Ministry of Administrative Reform in Lebanon Development of the Project Management and PMO frameworks for the Civil Aviation Authority of Sudan (Najjar, 2003)
Islamic Financial Services (Abdelhaq El-Kafsi)
- Creation 2011 of an Islamic Leasing Department for Tunisian Leasing Co
- Did a feasibility study 2009 for the creation of an Islamic Bank in Mali for the Central Bank of Mali
- Feasibility study for the creation of an Islamic Investment Bank in Qatar for a private investor (2008)
- Development 2007 of an innovative Islamic mortgage model dedicated to Saudi Arabia for a Private Investor
- Feasibility Study 2007 for the creation of a Sukuk trading platform for the International Islamic Financial Market (IIFM)
- Consultant to the Islamic Development Bank for the creation of an Islamic Commercial Bank 2006
- First structuring in the UAE 2006 of a $100 million Sukuk for the National Central Cooling Company (Tabreed)
- Advisor to Oliver Wyman’s consulting assignment for Al-Rayan Bank in Qatar 2006 Structuring and placement 2002 / 2003 of the Islamic Tranche (US$ 250 million) for the financing of a total project size of US$ 1.6 Billion for Aluminium Bahrain (ALBA)
Private Equity (Majed Tomeh, Ramez Tomeh):
- Advise on opportunities for equity financing in film productions in Hollywood and UK (Ramez Tomeh, 2011 ongoing)
- Advised Kuwaiti technology investment fund, NTEC, on total $20 million investments in StemCyte (cord blood), and in Element Ventures, a leading U.S.-based clean technology investment fund. (Majed Tomeh, 2004-2006)
- Raised $100 million in equity capital for Adero, Inc., an early player in Internet infrastructure; Raised valuation from $12.5 million to $850 million (Majed Tomeh, 1999-2000)
- Co-founded Individual, Inc., pioneer in electronic information services; funded by Kleiner Perkins, and Microsoft. After IPO, it was acquired by Thomson Publishing (Majed Tomeh, 1989-1998)
Training (Akram Najjar, Ramez Tomeh)
- Organized various training workshops and seminars in Kuwait from (Najjar, 2001-Tomeh, 2005) under the banner of Cyber Consultants in Accounting, Investment Products, Human Resources administration, Project Management, Data Analysis (Tomeh, 2001-2006)
- Outsourced to and participated with Conflict Management Partners in Negotiations with ALBA, BATELCO (2005-2007).
- Conducted a wide variety of business technology workshops in various Gulf countries: data analysis, project management, BPR, modeling of business processes and technical writing for business and engineering professionals (2000-2013)